I saw a kid wearing a tee shirt today that said “playa.” The little dude was 3 or 4. I thought the kid had a lot of swag to call himself a playa already.
• I have 5 hours of work today and then I’ll be gone until September 2nd
• We’re going to Philly for a couple of days next week. I’m in charge of the itinerary because Philly is my town. Four words: Pat’s King of Steaks
• Tomorrow is Dad’s birthday. He’s asked for a man purse. While I’m glad he’s using the walker, I don’t understand how it impedes the use of his pockets. Physics was never my best subject.
• I’ve made an executive decision to get me a big fat greasy burger for lunch. Details later.
• My train seat mate is involved in an intricate ballet of combing hair/applying make up/ generally fussing. I’m pressing myself to the far armrest for fear of lice. This may be hard, but I will attempt a stealth photo.
Does anyone have recommendations for a medical alert system (aka: I’ve fallen and I can’t get up)? We’re considering it for my parents in Fla.
Send me an ask if you do.
And now, back to your regularly scheduled dog fart jokes.
Friday (HR): You should speak to this staff person and ask why he hasn't applied for the supervisor position. It'll be great for you to promote from within.
Friday afternoon (me): I think you should consider applying for the position.
Monday morning (to my senior VP): I'm considering promoting X if he's interested.
SVP: That's great. Whatever you want to do, we trust your judgement. We believe in advancing our people as a company. It's a good message to send.
Monday morning (person): Please consider me for the position
Tuesday morning (HR): For reasons my boss won't disclose, we do not feel it's appropriate to promote this person.
Me: I need to speak with MY bosses to see if they can shed any light.
HR: No need to involve them at this point. Let's see what happens with my boss.
In conclusion: FUCK YOU, HR. Now you've created a mess, you clean it up.
This has been your daily car alarm in the parking garage.