1. Siri likes to mess with me while she’s in my pocket.
2. Going out on a limb here and saying I miss (some of the) humidity of summer. My hair is so staticky I look like Einstein.
3. Speaking of electricity, I convinced myself that the dishwasher was broken beyond repair and (gasp!) we (no, seriously, it would be me 98% of the time) would need to hand wash dishes. Turns out it was the circuit. I flipped the switch and fixed it. If anyone needs a good electrician, give me a call.
4. I thought I’d like the little detachable faux fur collar on my new down coat. It only annoys me because it keeps unbuttoning and adds static to my hair.
5. I forgot to wear a scarf which should reduce the static electricity but, no.
The songs were:
You may want to consider selecting non religious songs for next year’s winter concert. Some students may not be entirely comfortable singing about the birth of a savior or about the evils of Satan.
We are still snorkcrying over here.
Actual snot and coughing.
This is the best card in the history of ever
Always Hungry — My Epithet
a Thursday theme entry
The Mister started a Pandora® bracelet for my birthday. It was a very sweet gift. He found it difficult to select beads to represent me. The teacup and saucer were an easy choice, given my fondness of a decent cup of tea. The green Venetian glass bead was a slam dunk, that is my color. I don’t even need to go into the reasons behind the tiara. The Eiffel Tower charm wasn’t available, and has been placed on back order. “Something special” has been ordered to commemorate the kids’ 13th birthdays and will be added in mid January. All in all, he did very well.
If these bracelets are meant to represent the wearer, I’m off to a good start. But there are so many more charms I’d like to have as a personal brand statement. If I designed beads and charms for Pandora® I’d like to see some that clearly express my brand.
• Misused “quotes” charm. Something that shows me snickering and pointing to the offending sign
• A Starbucks® cup with my name misspelled and then corrected with red pen
• Carrots dipped in spicy hummus
• Trixie chasing after a chewed up frisbee when she has a ball in her mouth
• Poor font choices used on professional documents
• The sweater I’ve been knitting for The Mister on and off for the past 18 months
• A comprehensive collection of hair products
• My Sharpie® collection
Thursday Theme: Your Personal Brand (12/12)
this week we’re delving into the world of marketing. Tell us a little about your personal brand.
Remember to tag your posts with Thursday Theme.
Clickety here for access to the 2013 calendar of themes.
The calendar of themes for 2014 is available for your themes.
You did it, didn’t you?
One glance will transform you into my parents instantly when you exclaim “Jeez, HE got old.”
Candy Crush Daily Double
In old job I had one assistant. She was easy to buy gifts for, a DVD or scarf or beautiful plant (she has green thumb). I started this position in September. I have 3 managers and 9 staff. What should I get for holiday gifts?
Should I scale up the manager gifts?
How much should I spend?
Gift Cards ($10)